Topic

Haute Randonnee Pyrenees

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring Haute Randonnee Pyrenees

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Byrne

@obroin

Locale: Raleigh NC

Hello,
    I am planning to follow the HRP from west (Hendaya) to East (Banyuls-Sur-Mer) in September/October 2014. I know its a long way off, but necessitated by job schedules etc.
    I am interested in hearing from others with similar aspirations, especially what preparation you are doing including training, planning etc. Any suggestions and contact is welcome!

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

The HRP, by bicycle?
    Um …

Cheers

Michael Byrne

@obroin

Locale: Raleigh NC

Planning to backpack on foot!

Wim Depondt
    BPL Member

@wim_depondt

Locale: The low countries

If by foot, this post is at the wrong location.

I would first and foremost advice to purchase a guidebook. Cicerone's book is the best English literature with regard to the HRP: http://www.cicerone.co.uk/product/detail.cfm/book/555/title/the-pyrenean-haute-route

Can be bought as an adobe ebook (no shipping and weight saving on trail.

There is a nice trip report around BPL by Amy: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=37414
    Mind you, she was VERY fortunate weatherwise.

Personaly, I would avoid July & August – to many people, and go early september. Less daylight and slightly worse weather though @ september.

Wim

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools