Topic

Adding Mosquito Net

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Adding Mosquito Net

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    douglas ray

@dray

Locale: Olympic Peninsula

I am planning to modify my Hex 3 with a 12in skirt of Nanosium netting. I am wondering what kind of thread would be most appropriate and if anyone has any advice. My sewing skills are rather rough and mostly with my hands but a friend has volunteered here machine and some more experience than I have. But neither one of us has worked with silnylon before. Also, does anyone have any ideas about how to create some closure at the door?

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Take Shire's TarpTent instructions and apply them to your Hex. It should be enough of a rough idea to get you through.

Henry Shires TarpTent instructions

You'll want to use a polyester thread which won't rot when wet. Most of the MYOGheads here on BPL recommend Gutermann brand polyester thread.

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

you could bring the netting to the door zipper then have some really skinny or cut length-wise velcro to bring the two pieces togehter.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools