Topic

Stove Jack Installation

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Stove Jack Installation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    douglas ray

@dray

Locale: Olympic Peninsula

I am going to be putting a stove jack into a urethane-coated nylon tent and I was thinking of just gluing it in with Seam Grip. Anyone tried this or think it would or wouldn't work for some reason?

Jason Klass
    BPL Member

@jasonklass

Locale: Colorado

Could you clarify a little what you're trying to do? I don't know what a "stove jack" is.

Larry Hostetler
    Spectator

@hoss

Douglas,
    My stove jack in my Kifaru paratarp annex is sewn in with double stitching. The lines of stitching are about 1/2 inch apart around the perimeter of the jack. The tarp is silnylon.

You might want to post over at the Kifaru forum or the 24hourcampfire backpack hunting forum as there are a lot of knowledgeable stove users on both of those forums.

I imagine a call to Kifaru would also get a quick answer.

Enjoy,
    Larry

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Talking to the folks at Titanium Goat might be a good resource also. They build stoves and silnylon tents.

Visit the

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools