Topic

Looking for a Use

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Looking for a Use

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I picked up the Thermarest Z-Lite Sol Seat Pad on a whim. Is this useful at all?

Thermarest Z-Lite Sol Seat

Jokes encouraged!

Nelson Sherry

@nsherry61

Locale: Mid-Willamette Valley

Could use as a seat pad to keep your butt clean, warm, dry and unbruised when sitting on dirty, cold, wet and/or rocky terrain. No duh :p

Could use as additional padding for your shoulders and/or hips when using a sleeping pad that would otherwise to to thin to be comfortable or warm enough.

Could use as a pillow if folded up at least part way.

Could use as structure and support in a small backpack that does not otherwise have a frame.

Could use as an emergency back-country splint for a sprained or broken appendage.

Could use as a brightly colored signaling device to get attention in an emergency.

Could use to store your robin's egg collection while out in the field.

Could maybe use under a fire pan or a stove when snow camping to keep your fire or stove from sinking into the snow.

Could use to protect your car seat when you climb in after a wet muddy mountain bike ride.

Could use as padding between bicycles or other delicate equipment when packing into the back of your car for transport. . . or use as padding between your nice car and protruding cargo parts like bike pedals, chains or whatnot.

It would make a great diaper changing pad.

Could use it to protect your bottle of scotch (or other "delicates")inside your pack, while hiking in the back country.

Dang, this might just be the ultimate multi-use item. Maybe this is the wrong forum topic for this ;)

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I use a z-seat under my feet for to extend insulation for ground and hammock sleeping, stand on it for clothing changes, and for a cozy for a dehydrated dinner bag. I even sit on it once in a while :)

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

I didn't want to add 2 ounces to my base but this is such a great pad. I used one a few months back that friends had along with them. You can sit on it, kneel on it, put it under your feet at night, and so many other things described above. And my favorite use was using it doubled up as a seat cushion atop my BV450 bear can. It also works good in a day pack for a snack or lunch break. You could probably use it as a floatie in a lake too. May not fit every trip, but it should be useful on many of them.

Mike In Socal
    BPL Member

@rcmike

Locale: California

I use mine as a frame sheet for my REI Flash 18 or Terra Nova Ultra 20. Great for bleachers or benches when they are wet.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

I'm convinced! It's getting strapped on!

jason quick
    Spectator

@jase

Locale: A tent in my backyard - Melbourne

…I like them too…they're just so darn bulky for what they are.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools