Topic

NeoAir Xtherm vs. BA IAC…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NeoAir Xtherm vs. BA IAC…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Thanks for your comments, Ray.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

I've used my short, original, plain old NeoAir and a old blue ccf pad a number of times from single digit F, to the mid 20's F, and been fine. Using either a WM 5F or WM 15F bag. The two nights in the single digits, I had my WM Apache 15F bag, but on dry sand/decomposed granite without the extra pad that trip. The creek was froze over in pools along side the creek at Crabtree Meadow area in early Oct. a few years ago. It isn't the best combo, but can be done, because when sleeping on snow a few nights in the same spot, it gets icy where you slept as can be seen when you take your tent down. I was just out last night using this combo and it was 26F, no snow this AM along the PCT, just south of the Bucks Lake Wilderness.
    Duane

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools