Topic

More firm slpg pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) More firm slpg pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

Hi hoping people might have an opinion about more-firm sleeping pads. I wanted to "do it right" and purchased a Neoair for my first lightweight pad, but I find it too, mushy I suppose. I've tried more firm, less firm, just can't get completely comfortable.

I briefly tried a z-rest but didn't find it thick enough. Is there an insulated air pad out there that is somewhere in-between? Maybe I want a very thick ccf. I think what I'm looking for is something more, firm, supportive.

Ozzy McKinney
    Spectator

@porcupinephobia

Locale: PNW

RidgeRest SOlar?

Sumi Wada
    Spectator

@detroittigerfan

Locale: Ann Arbor

Try the Thermarest ProLites, "self-inflating" foam-filled. Women's ProLite (66") is 16oz with R-value of 2.8. Women's ProLite Plus is 21oz with R-value of 4.6.

Or maybe try the vertically-baffled air mattresses like the Exped SynMat UL7. Some people prefer them over Neoair's horizontal baffles; you might be able to inflate them a little firmer without feeling like you're going to "fall off" like the Neoair.

Ross Bleakney
    BPL Member

@rossbleakney

Locale: Cascades

Have you tried Thermarest (or other) self inflatable pads? My wife didn't like the NeoAir, so she still uses her Thermarest ProLite.

Kelly G
    BPL Member

@kellydt

I have not tried any Thermarests. Super — I think those are the kind of suggestions I'm looking for. Now just to wait for a good sale!
    Kelly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools