Topic

Snow Peak Litemax vs Jetboil

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Snow Peak Litemax vs Jetboil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Kuzak

@kc

Anyone have thoughts on these two stoves? About a year ago, after some consideration, I went with the Sol Al after selling my JB PCS. I was trying to drop weight in my cook system. Now, due to an annoying leak, I am thinking about the SP Litemax again. Plus my cook system is still a pound all in with fuel. Thoughts?

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I've used both. Total weight for Litemax based cookset (without fuel) is 6.6 ounces, but it has no windscreen.

I used a Sol Al for a 6 day glacier mountaineering course, I never weighed it, but I just took the pot, cover, and stove to save weight. In terms of boiling water, even when cold and windy, it worked very well. I ended up returning the Sol Al to REI because the piezo ignitor stopped working after 2 uses — something as expensive as the Sol Al shouldn't have components that fail so easily.

I'll continue to use the Litemax for my backpacking trips. If I need a canister stove for more severe conditions, I'll get an MSR Reactor with the 1 liter pot when it's available.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools