Topic

Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Difference between Patagonia Houdini Full-zip Jacket and Patagonia Houdini Jacket

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Kats

@boompig

Full-zip:
    http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/patagonia-mens-houdini-full-zip-jacket?p=24017-1-472

(presumably) not-full-zip:
    http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-houdini-jacket-windbreaker?p=24140-0-042

I don't understand – are they basically two versions of the same jacket? Is one of them newer? I notice a .3 oz weight difference, a price difference, and a small material difference (1.2 oz 10-denier vs 1 oz 15-denier).

Other than that, they look like the same jacket… what am I missing?

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

The first one is the older version of the Houdini. The new, reduced price Houdini is the second link. Basically, they're the same jacket with some very minor differences.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

New version is cheaper, more water resistant, lighter, slimmer cut. In their running line.

Old version is more breathable, more expensive, and classic. From their alpine climbing line.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

The new one also changed the arm cuffs. It looks like they provide more coverage of the hands and only use a half elastic cuff, but I haven't seen it in person.

They usually don't stock the Houdini this time of the year. I am hoping they still bring the older one from the alpine line back for early spring like they normally do.

Maris L
    BPL Member

@ablaut

They did elasticize only half the cuff – makes it more comfortable pushed up the arm. Same treatment for the hem, adjustable elastic only on the rear half – and it works – doesn't ride up as easily as other full-elastic hems or scrunch up into a funny shape.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools