Topic

NEW MLD 2013 NEWT PACK

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals NEW MLD 2013 NEWT PACK

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=198

$65

6oz

1700 ci / 28L

2013 NEWT – Keep It Simple Day / Overnight / Weekend or Summit Pack.2013newt

GD
    BPL Member

@nsiderbam

Looks super nifty, and the price is awesome considering how much many mainstream companies charge for similarly-sized (but often 3-4 times as heavy) day and weekend packs.

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

Does this mean a redesign of the other MLD packs? Also, would you be able to put side pockets on it?

Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

I received mine last Friday. First impressions are that it's as well-built as other MLD packs, yet it's specifically de-featured to keep the weight down for minimalist needs. I like it, and expect to use it for dayhikes and occasional overnighters. I don't see a way to add side pockets or shoulder strap pouches, but with some ingenuity it may be practical to add the MLD packlid. For reference, I have an older model Prophet as my primary 3 season multi-night pack, but it's sometimes too big even with the compression loops engaged.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools