Topic

“Little Vicky” Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals “Little Vicky” Victorinox utility knife on sale at REI for $6.69

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    John Coyle

@bigsac

Locale: NorCal

This is a small thing, but sometimes a small thing can be a great pleasure. I have made a habit of visiting my local Sacramento REI after going to church at my favorite Franciscan church here. Today was no different. I have been interested in this little knife after Roger Caffin mentioned it in his article about touring Europe a few years ago. The problem is, the one on Amazon has no knife guard, as far as I know. This one has a knife guard, is serrated, and is cheaper than the Amazon one. It wasn't marked as a sale item on the isle, but it came up as a sale item at the register. I think it makes a good backpacking knife. The sale only lasts until Nov. 26, but I think it is a good deal at the full REI price also.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

It is a super bargain (normally $9.95). I've bought the same knife with a plastic sleeve in commercial fishing supplies for $4.50 or so, but you will want some sort of protection with it in your pack– they are shaving sharp. Fishermen call them net knives and they use them like disposable razors. It is great for food prep and general repairs. Buy a couple– you will want one in the kitchen after you try one.

Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Locale: North Texas

Just bought one online and shipping was free.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools