Topic

OMM Mountain Raid Sleepingbag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) OMM Mountain Raid Sleepingbag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ben Smith

@bsmith_90

Locale: Epping Forest

I've just been flicking around online and I've noticed this 400g/14.1oz sleeping bag using 60g Primaloft One. A quote from a website I found was "OMM hasn't temperature tested it preferring to leave it to the user's judgement, but reckon a sort of 2-3 season tag is about right if you know what you're doing."
    Has anyone had any experience with this product?

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

Hi Ben,

No experience with this one but have used similar weight synthetics bags and they are fine in high summer if it's above 65f.

Omm is probably aiming the bag at mountain Marathon runners who are out for one night and will be using a down or synthetic vest or pullover, also will spoon in a one man tent has such as the Terra Nova Laser competition.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Ben,

I'd recommend a bag filled with Climashield HL, which lofts very high per fill weight AND retains its loft over time and repeaded stuffings better than other synthetic fills.

My early experience (in the late '90s) with Primaloft was very disappointing due to its rapid and almost complete loss of loft in a well cared for sleeping bag. Their fill has improved over the years but I am still wary of its loft durability. It is a short fiber type fill and can clump. Climashield is, like Polarguard, a continuous fill, which is why teh military chooses it (Polarguard) for their bags.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools