Topic

esbit stove dimensions

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) esbit stove dimensions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dennis Park
    BPL Member

@dpark

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Anybody know the distance between the top of a Gram Cracker and the bottom of a pot in a Ti-Tri Sidewinder?

Play budget does not allow for the real deal yet but I can make an aluminum version but need one missing number. Thanks.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

In My Sidewinder the measurement is 3/4 inches from the top of the Gram Cracker to the bottom of my 3 cup pot.

Even 1 inch would be fine in my experience with other ESBIT stove setups I've used over the past few decades. (Do you get the feeling that I'm an ESBIT fanboy?)

But the Caldera Cone/Gram Cracker ESBIT setup is far and away the most efficient ESBIT stove I've ever used. And believe me I have tried everything including my own experiments. Using a Caldera Coone/Gram Cracker combo gives at least 30% better fuel efficiency. The Gram Cracker is a big part of this improved efficiency. Restricting the burn to the top and ends seems to be the answer.

jason quick
    Spectator

@jase

Locale: A tent in my backyard - Melbourne

Agreed with Eric.

If I recall, my pot base sits about 1.8" from the ground when using my sidewinder in Esbit mode.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools