Topic

Canon S100 for $229 on Amazon today only

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Canon S100 for $229 on Amazon today only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bert Blanchard
    BPL Member

@bertmail

Locale: Southeast

Nice compact camera for $229 total shipped. Black friday deal of the day on Amazon. if you add a Transcend 8GB SD card it will be added for free at checkout.

Ryan Gabriel

@rgabriel

Locale: Bay Area

Been reading up on this camera for the past few days – this one sealed the "deal" for me. Gonna replace my ancient Sony DSC-W1. How did you find out about the free SD card? I didn't see the promotion listed anywhere on the page. I did, however add the second battery pack promo for $15.

Regardless, thanks for posting this!

Yes 1000
    Spectator

@mamamia

Ryan Gabriel

@rgabriel

Locale: Bay Area

There it is, thanks! Now I must shut down all things internet before temptation gets the best of me. Again.

Alex H
    BPL Member

@abhitt

Locale: southern appalachians or desert SW

to replace my s90 that has had a bit too much sand. A great deal!

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

Great deal! To bad I bought it for 80 more this summer. So it goes with technology…

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Received this email from CANON 3July2012 for the S100 I purchased AND registered it with them….it paid to take the little time to fill out the card that came with the camera.

This service notification e-mail contains important information about your Canon PowerShot S100. Please note that product service announcement e-mails contain advisory or informational content that may be critical to the proper operation of your product, including safety, update, and instructional messages. Please carefully review the information in this e-mail as it relates to your Canon product.

Thank you for using Canon products.

It has been confirmed that some PowerShot S100 digital cameras encounter a lens error caused by a disconnected part inside the camera. This announcement conveys the details of the issue and Canon's service policy for affected cameras.

(This is a report of what is ment by "lens error"….saw the dreaded "lens error" message on my S100. I found that the camera functioned normally otherwise, but I would get the "lens error" msg and the camera would shut down if I tried to zoom beyond the widest wide angle setting. After using the camera at its wide setting for the rest of my 2 week trip, on returning home, I found that the camera would zoom again, but had an unusual clunking noise when zooming out from a telephoto position. Has anyone else experienced this problem?)

Canon continuously strives to provide our customers with high quality, reliable products that can be used with confidence. We offer our sincerest apologies to any customers who have been inconvenienced.

Phenomenon
    Some PowerShot S100 units (with the serial numbers listed below) may encounter a lens error due to a part becoming disconnected inside the lens. In particular, this lens error may occur when the camera is used in certain environmental conditions such as high temperature and/or humidity.

Affected Product:
    Some PowerShot S100 Digital Cameras within the following serial number range:

The first and second digits of the camera's serial number are any number from "29" through "41". For example: "29xxxxxxxxxx", "30xxxxxxxxxx"………"41xxxxxxxxxx"

(The [x] characters shown above represent the remaining characters of the product's serial number.)

Market Support
    Affected products that exhibit this phenomenon will be repaired free of charge, regardless of the warranty status, if it is confirmed that the lens error has been caused by disconnection of the part inside the lens. However, please note that affected products which are received by Canon after their service period ends (the period during which such products are expected to be serviceable), will no longer be eligible for free repair service and will be handled in accordance with Canon's then general repair standards and regulations

Support
    This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.

Thank you,
    Customer Support Operations
    Canon U.S.A., Inc.

Contact Information for Inquiries:
    Canon Customer Support Center
    Phone: 1-800-OK-CANON (toll free)
    1-800-652-2666
    TTD: 1-866-251-3752 (toll free)
    E-mail: [email protected]
    For additional support options: http://www.usa.canon.com/support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools