Topic

I/O Merino Black Friday Sale

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals I/O Merino Black Friday Sale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Todd Dea

@busguy

Locale: Coast Mountains

Found this in my inbox this morning :

"Our Black Friday sale starts now. We've reduced prices across the range until midnight this Friday. Some items are 70% off! This offer is only available through our online store, so go to http://www.io-merino.com/shop-online and take advantage of this amazing sale now!"

Took a quick look and they seem to have a decent range of offerings on sale and in a decent range of sizes.

Patrick Baker
    BPL Member

@f1prb22

Their sizing may be different, I believe my normal XL is their XXL.
    I ordered the lightest weight thermal pants in XXL and they came in at about 6oz.
    It took about a month for delivery.
    They sent me a coupon in the mail recently for 30% off an order over $50.
    30offmail

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

I find that while I normally wear a medium from Ibex, for IO's "contact layers" I want a large, and for their more relaxed layers, a medium is fine.

Have ordered from them before, and shipping was quite fast (less than 10 days), so it may depend on stock. The product seems good, though I haven't used anything enough to have a fix on durability.

Tim Haynes

@timalan

Locale: Mid Atlantic

I don't have any of their stuff, but the prices on boxers is too good to pass up. Same for "boy briefs" for my wife. Markdown on both is from $40 to $15 per pair, with great choices in colors and sizes… for some reason, they rang up even cheaper than that, at $13.59/pair

The coupon someone here posted, 30offmail, worked great, but it gave us $30 off the order, not 30%, which was pretty surprising.

They ship from Australia, and there is no tax, but (what appears to be) a flat, $10 international shipping fee.

So three pairs of wool boxers for me, three pairs of wool boy briefs for her, and the total cost was $61 and change. BY FAR the best price I've ever seen for wool underwear of any kind.

Todd Dea

@busguy

Damn you Tim !!!

How can I turn down an offer that cheap. I duplicated your order.

My wife loves her's and as I mentioned in a previous I/O Merino sale thread (thanks Jim) I prefer my I/O briefs to any of the other brands. You'll love them !

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

30offmail seems to have been removed. Too bad! The prices were kind of ridiculous. I wouldn't doubt it if someone got fired over this! :P

Edit: Rick- I, like a couple above have ordered from this website before with no problems. Un-encrypted websites are generally bad though and leave you open to keyloggers and other 3rd party attacks.

Raquel Rascal
    Spectator

@flutingaround

Thanks for the heads up. I had a couple coupon codes from them from the past (they give you a coupon code if you sign up for their newsletter)- but none of the codes would apply to their sale items.

I was able to see their products in person at the Colorado Ski Expo recently, and they are very soft and stretchy.

I typically order Medium in women's sizes, so I ordered one boxer brief and one sport top. I'll report back about the sizing.

It took me forever to find the sizing chart– it is on the bottom of their home page.

Lastly, their website doesn't work at all in Safari browser, but I was able to see their stock in Chrome browser.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

Locale: Denver-ish

Thanks for the heads up guys! I went with large (I'm 6', 165lbs, 33in waist if I inhale). If that's probably the wrong size, please let me know before they ship; I went with the advice here I was able to find.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

Rick, I ordered some of the contact boxer briefs, and they definitely have a fly! (designed for right-handed users)

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Raquel Rascal
    Spectator

@flutingaround

My order of hipster underwear and crop top came yesterday. I wore them all day with success. No itchies or smells by the end of the day.

Sizing- follow the size chart they have on their website- the underwear and crop top both run true to their sizing. No fit issues.

I'll have to hike in them to give them a true thumbs up.

The underwear does seem to be made of thin fabric which makes them very light, but I'm wondering if they will be less durable in the long run because of that. My Stoic merino undies have a thicker fabric, but have the itchies that come with them.

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

The Bad: DHL International damaged my order, and I/O is out of the boxers I ordered, so no fancy panties for me.

The Good: I/O Bio offered me a full refund or I can choose other stuff from their site, even if it more expensive.

That's what I call customer service!

Todd Dea

@busguy

Picked up my order from the mailbox today. Sorry to hear about damage to someone else's order but i was pretty impressed with the packaging. All the items were individually wrapped (6 pair of underwear) which were then put in a heavy duty zip-loc type bag which then went into the DHL shipping package. Much better than most "soft" item packaging I've received from other stores.

My wife's briefs fit her perfectly and my 3 pairs of contact boxer briefs (size medium) fit perfectly and all of them came with a fly !

Raquel Rascal
    Spectator

@flutingaround

sorry to hear about your order…their website isn't the best either. It doesn't work in Safari browser at all.

Mine came in a heavy duty large ziploc too….I was thinking that ziploc might be a good addition to my pack!

Kevin Manley
    BPL Member

@manleyk

I just received my replacement order from I/O Merino. The quality is great. The large baselayers are a good fit, but the track jacket they sent me (which is REALLY nice) is too large in size large. :( It just became a great Christmas gift, though!

I'm more than pleased with my order and their customer service. Amazing!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools