Topic

Titanium (foil)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Titanium (foil)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doug Hus
    BPL Member

@doug-h

Locale: Ontario. Canada

Greetings,I'm looking for some titanium foil. Are there any other sources besides TiGoat ( http://www.titaniumgoat.com/products.html )?

Thanks,
    Doug

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

Steve Evans of Suluk 46 had 0.003" CP4 alloy titanium foil for sale some time ago (not sure if he still does). I have also purchased titanium foil several times on ebay. I know there is some 0.005" thickness material on ebay now, in a stronger, harder, and more brittle alloy than the Ti goat stuff. There is usually quite a variety available. Do some reading beforehand (if you haven't already), so you know what alloy and thickness is best for your application. It's frustrating to learn halfway through a project that the expensive material you obtained is too soft, too brittle, unnecessarily thick, etc.

Robert Kelly
    BPL Member

@qiwiz

Locale: UL gear @ QiWiz.net

I have ordered a fairly large quantity of 0.1 mm thick Grade 2 ti foil (about 25% thinner/lighter than the 0.005" foil that titanium goat sells). I will be using this to add some products to my site, primarily windscreens for alcohol, Esbit, and canister stoves, as well as a component of complete kits (stove, pot, windscreen).

Depending on how much you need, I might be able to accommodate. I am expecting delivery of what I've ordered in the first week of December.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

I got some off ebay for a decent price

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

What width and price per foot?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools