Topic

Recent Big Sky interactions?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Recent Big Sky interactions?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Josh Thomas
    BPL Member

@jtpeso

Locale: Louisville, Ky

I know Big Sky International hasn't always had the best rep around here, owing to some pretty shady customer service and fulfillment issues. I also know that they've been in the process of moving production to a different factory or something. It seems like their website is updated, and there are some items in stock, though. Anybody got any recent interactions with them? I'm eyeing a Revolution, but want to make sure things might be a bit more, uh stable, now. Thoughts?

Warren Greer
    Spectator

@warrengreer

Locale: SoCal

Somebody was on here around 6 mos to a year ago and had somewhat better service. Haven't heard anymore since then. At least I haven't. Maybe you can do a Google search and find that thread.

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

I ordered some new tent poles from Big Sky about two months ago. I emailed to check if they were in stock and got an email back the same day. The poles arrived on time and there were a few UL stakes included for free. It was a smooth experience.

btw; I found the missing poles so if anyone is in need of a set of poles for an Evo 2P/2D/2V I have an extra set.

Jeff J

@j-j-81

Locale: Oregon

I'd say call them and talk to a person; explain your reservations. If they're serious about doing business, they allay your fears. If something isn't right, you'll probably pick that up.

If you don't want to speak to someone (I hate using the phone usually), email them. You'll most likely be able to tell even through email if they're someone with whom you want to do business.

And report back your findings, as well as pictures of new gear!

-Jeff

Rob Daly
    BPL Member

@rdaly-2

Locale: outdoors amap

deleted, wrong company

Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Funny that this thread came up. I just got an email from Bob as he is showing his newest design.

http://www.indiegogo.com/big-sky-soul-ultra-light-tent?c=home

Now that I am in MN I wish that I had bought my brother-in-law's Revolution as the combo-pitch is nice for rainy locales.

I would shoot him an email Josh.

Josh Thomas
    BPL Member

@jtpeso

Locale: Louisville, Ky

Good advice, Ray. Probably should have done that beforehand anyway. FWIW, Bob Molen reached out and PM'd me personally to answer any questions I might have about his gear. Won't be able to pull the trigger until I get rid of some extra shelters, bags, etc., but I plan on taking a hard look.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Just last week, I purchased some tent stakes from Big Sky — these stakes are aluminum, they have much greater "holding power" than UL titanium shepherd hook stakes — and yet, they weigh essentially the same as titanium shepherd hook stakes! I have been using them for a few years now, and wanted to buy a second set for spares. I emailed Bob Molen via his Big Sky website, he emailed back the next day to let me know they are in stock, I paid through the Indiegogo sight mentioned above, and received the stakes two days after.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools