Topic

Gear List for PCT and the World

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Gear List for PCT and the World

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mateo Pettyjohn

@moppchilly

I have recently come up with the idea about hiking the Pacific Crest Trail and even throughout the world. I write to you with little backpacking experience, and would value your information immensely. So i ask for some sort of guidance.
    The basis of this thread is quality and long-term durability. This list is not only for the PCT, but for most of my life (nothing in high altitudes and hot climate areas). I'd like for my list to be versatile and lightweight. I have come up with a list that is still in the works, and i own none of these items (so no weights).
    My PCT odyssey will begin in 2014. So i have a long time to plan. So far i will be landing on the trail almost 430 miles from Campo in the Angeles National Forest. So the desert section will mostly be out of the way.
    OPINIONS PLEASE
    LIST
    Base Gear
    Pack: ULA Catalyst or Circuit? need help choosing
    Tent: Lightheart Solo
    Sleepingbag: Montbell #1 UL Spiral Down Hugger Bag, 15 Deg
    Sleeping Pad: Z lite Sol
    Pack Liner?
    Pack Cover?
    Ground Cloth?
    CLOTHES PACKED
    Hat(s)?
    Waterproof pants?
    Thermal top and bottom?
    Rainproof Jacket?
    Shorts, like running shorts
    Socks?
    Gloves?
    Montbell Ex light Down Jacket
    CLOTHES WORN
    Mountain Hardwear Canyon Shirt
    Shoes??? maybe Chameleon Ventilator, New Balance 804, Brooks Cascadia
    Sunglasses
    I need some help with choosing clothes!
    KITCHEN
    I will be using a food dehydrator before i leave, which should be less weight. I dont plan on eating a lot hot meals. Any information about super trail foods and cooking equipment would be appreciated.
    OTHER
    First Aid/repair
    Water Purification?
    Water Containers?
    Ice Axe
    Micro Spikes
    Bug Spray, and net

Question marks aren't suggesting if i should or shouldn't get it, it mainly means what type.
    If im forgetting anything, please let me know!
    ANY information is valuable.
    Cheers! Have the day you have!

Corey Farrell

@bambam

Check out my gear list i just put together to get some ideas, I tried to put it together to be comfortable yet stay light.

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/process#forumtop

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools