Topic

? Santa Barbara area hikes worthwhile?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning ? Santa Barbara area hikes worthwhile?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sam Sockwell
    BPL Member

@sockwellsam

We have some days coming up in 3 weeks and might be in Santa Barbara, but did not know if any of the hikes there are really good. Anybody with some knowledge of the area hikes? Thumbs up or down?

Thanks! Sam

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells
    Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

Lots of day hikes directly behind Santa Barbara in the front country mountains. Most follow the creeks up the canyons and eventually top out on the top of the ridge line (Camino Cielo). These are all just day hikes.

If you're looking for a longer overnight hike, head over the hill into the Santa Ynez valley to access the SB backcountry and adjacent wilderness areas (San Rafael and Dick Smith Wildernesses).

Ojai area (just south and inland of SB) also has lots of good hikes and access to the Sespe Wilderness.

I do most of my hiking in the local SB and Ojai backcountry. The santabarbarahikes.com website is a good resource as are the hiking maps made by Bryan Conant, which are available at any of the local hiking shops.

If you have questions about a specific trail or route, shoot me a PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools