Topic

Golite Bitterroot 850 Fill Down Jacket $149.99

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Golite Bitterroot 850 Fill Down Jacket $149.99

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Dan Smith

@dcsmith

I received a bright yellow stuff sack with my red jacket. I'll use it for something else.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

i got an orange one with my black and orange accented jacket. i am super psyched that my jacket and overbuilt stuff sac match.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

Some people have all the luck.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

Of course Adam's worked out. This guy gets all the luck! I call shenanigans! He's an undercover Golite rep. He probably packaged my bright orange stuff sack with a smerk on his face.

Adam Kramer
    BPL Member

@rbeard

Locale: ATL, Southern Appalachia

first, i had the children sew on the huge golite back strap, "so it's easier to pull out of your pack." second, i had them cut the last thread, so the first time you yank, it's going to rip off.

mwhahhahahahahaa. :-)

i will say this publicly to the board about my luck (and my affiliation with golite), although i am in-between jobs right now (the life of a creative), i do consider myself very lucky in that I have a beautiful wife, a 2.5 year old little girl, caring family and friends, and plenty of opportunities to sit back (or go forward) and truly enjoy life. and i score some pretty good deals on gearswap. happy holidays to you all.

Scott Pickard

@gon2srf

Locale: Southern California

If anyone bought one or two of these beauties in large and has one for sale please let me know.

Scott

1scottp@gmaildotcom

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Locale: asheville nc

Bump ill jump on a extra medium as well

James Klein
    BPL Member

@jnklein21

Locale: Southeast

Gary, thanks for the head start on modifying this hood.

I found that 1/32" shockcord threaded rather easily thru the majority of the elastic channel (maybe 10mins). Getting it started and finished was a bit more difficult – this took a little "surgery" but none that required sewing repair, just extra time.

Also, I added a snap to the back of the hood to help take in some of the extra volume. With these two changes, I find the hood fits as well as any other (non technical) hood I have.

Total added weight was about .2oz with a final weight of 13.5oz (medium).

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

This jacket is currently back on sale at $149.99 (with free shipping to boot).

Brad Walker

@brawa

Locale: SoCal

If anyone is looking for a men's small, I inadvertently kept one from the last sale past the refund date. If you're interested I'll sell it for the same price. The color is "smoke".

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

At 6'2" 150lbs I am pulled between the medium and large? Any suggestions? I really dig the olive color which is only available in large. Thanks

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Brock Graves
    BPL Member

@gravesbrock

Pulled the trigger on a large olive color! Let the inpatient waiting begin !

Viewing 13 posts - 51 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools