Topic

Adaptable insoles?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Adaptable insoles?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Dijkstra

@markacd

I'm thinking about getting new insoles. I once read a very positive review in a blog about some adaptable insoles. Unfortunately I can't remember which blog it was or what brand the insoles were. With these insoles you could "train" your feet by placing increasingly larger blocks under the arch of the insole, thereby allowing you to choose the amount of support you need and change as your feet adapt. Does anyone know the name of the insoles I'm talking about?

Mark Dijkstra

@markacd

No one?

Greg Foster
    BPL Member

@thefost

Think you're looking for Barefoot Science Insoles. I tried them out and they didn't really work for me, but my feet are so messed up I don't think that really indicates anything about the product.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Mark

Forgive me if I vent, but the idea of 'training' your feet that way strikes me as the height of lunacy. All you will do is damage the tendons under your feet.

There is no published medical research in favour or the concept of 'arch support', but there is published medical research opposing the concept.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools