Topic

New HMG ‘Mini’ Porter Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New HMG ‘Mini’ Porter Pack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    David Ure

@familyguy

Sure Jason. I tested prototype accessories for HMG and provided feedback (I.e. the front pocket). I paid full price for my Porter and my custom Summit Pack. I am not paid by HMG to endorse their products and haven't, say, used their shelters so I can't comment on that product line.

These are not the only packs I use. I have an amazing custom pack from Mchale and would highly recommend Dan's products as well. I guess I could start another thread for that.

Jason Elsworth
    Spectator

@jephoto

Locale: New Zealand

Thanks. I wasn't implying that you were paid or rewarded in any way. I was just genuinely interested in what it involved, but I guess it is difficult to get that over on a thread. Should probably have PM'd you direct.

I am very interested in an HMG pack, possibly the Expedition as it has the extra space for only a 1oz weight penalty over the Porter and this would allow me use it for family trips as well. A tough water proofish pack would be ideal for NZ conditions. I use a GG Gorilla and it is very comfortable, but I worry about how it is going to last and it gets soaked through in the rain.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

So I'm gathering that basically the only differnece between the current Windrunner pack and the Porter is the compression system and pockets? Sounds like the hipbelt, frame, etc. are all basically the same?

Christopher Yi
    Spectator

@traumahead

Locale: Cen Cal

I went from a Circuit to a Windrider. If I had to do it again, I'd would go with an HMG Porter + Stuff Pocket, Circuit hipbelt, and ZimmberBuilt water bottle pockets for maximum versatility.

Stephan Doyle

@stephancal

I, for one, like how HMG has evolved their pack lineup. It seemed like they'd do all this stuff "custom," before anyway, but now it's on the site. Pick your capacity (2400, 3400, 4400) and your feature set (Windrider, Windrider SW, Porter, Ice Pack). Boom.

Now that winter is here I'm excited to pull my Expedition back out of the closet. I'm not sure I've ever needed more than the 3400 capacity, but the compression straps and roll top are incredibly simple and effective.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools