Topic

contacts for trips with partners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) contacts for trips with partners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Brian Keith Gunter

@bkgunter

Locale: Midwest

I have read a few trip reports involving BPL members who have got together for a regional gathering/hike. They all sound/look like a great time.

A question arose on some posts about pre-trip notices for obtaining interested partners, and how some potential hikers had wished they could have gone along. It seems, at times, difficult for those interested to stay on top of all the posts to know when others are planning trips. A possible way to help everyone get in touch with interested same-area hikers is to begin a thread, this one, that lets others know your locale, right down to the city you live in, and then anyone could add those BPL's in your immediate area to their PM list.

The next time you are planning a trip…just hit send to all those "new" BPL contacts. It would make finding partners a simple task.

Has this been done in the past…did I miss it. I am not on this site everyday, as with most, so maybe it could be of benefit. I usually go alone or sometimes with my brother-in-law and nephew. I always have a better time when I am with partners.

Keith
    Wichita, Kansas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools