Topic

Sand Rock Alabama [video]

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Sand Rock Alabama [video]

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Johnny Duke

@jd1987

A group of us went to Sand Rock Alabama over the past weekend to do some camping and climbing. We had heard that if you could get over the graffiti, broken beer bottles and trash then it was actually a good place to climb. As it turns out it was a really cool area. As I understand it, they are attempting to turn it into a state park so it was cleaned up pretty well (still some graffiti, as you will see, and construction going on). The views at Sand Rock were awesome. The rock is all sandstone pinnacles and there are hallways and easy top outs all over the place – its a neat place to explore if any of you are in the area.

We camped out two nights and climbed/hiked for two days. Again for those DIYers, my white pack was made by my brother – as well as my hammock and top quilt (might be hard to see them in the video. You won't be learning many ul techniques in this video, but you might enjoy the trip anyways.

Remember to watch in HD. I hope you enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJLjUVV5Rg4&feature=g-upl

*I've been trying to embed the video into the post. As it turns out that ability is currently outside of my skills set. If anyone has any advice on how to do that I would be happy to listen.

Sharon J.
    BPL Member

@squark

Locale: SF Bay area

fun video!

Your dog looked so excited while you were packing, I'm glad he got to come along.

Johnny Duke

@jd1987

Oh yeah – he comes with me anytime I can bring him. Thanks for watching!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools