Topic

Anybody from Minnesota

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Anybody from Minnesota

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

I'd like to get out in the next 3-4 weeks somewhere close to home. I'm from the cities. Anyone else out there? Maybe Superior Hiking Trail?

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Much of the Superior Hiking Trail is closed during the firearms deer hunting season. Even if not, I stay out of the woods for those 16 days. I know MANY safe and responsible hunters but it takes only one ….

But I have been trying to get out at least once a month and don't have a November trip yet. Some state parks might be safe.

PM me, please.

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Locale: Duluth, Minnesota

Hey Nate!

I live up in Duluth MN and know the SHT very well. PM me as well as I'd love to get out with you guys for a trip!

Chad

Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

Well, hunting ends on the 18th. So what you're saying is…we're going out the weekend of the 23rd?

I PMd you both. I live in Burnsville. I went to Wild River two weekends ago and am planning on Frontenac this weekend (pending on weather). The state park trails are kind of lame, IMO. Do you know of any other good backpacking parks? I plan on using these two parks, along with Afton to do some gear experimenting/snow shoeing in the winter months.

[email protected]

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

I'll be in Montana the weekend of the 23rd, sorry.

Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

That's okay. Lets find another time.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Like I said, I'm trying to get out monthly. Am also in the TC area.

Pretty much anywhere on the SHT AFTER deer hunting season is OK by me.

I've seen Chad hike though and I can't match his pace or distance … perhaps if he's adaptable?

If Nate still wants to do November I like hiking at Afton but the trails are still relatively civilized. I believe St. Croix State Park has quite a bit of trail but I've never hiked there. I'm told the North Country Trail in Northern WI can be nice and also segments in north central MN. Border Route Trail sounds interesting too but it's a long way to go for a weekend.

Nate, you might find it useful to join the "hiker" group at groups.yahoo.com … discussions are mainly about the SHT and WI/MN parts of NCT

Will respond to your email.

Mary R
    BPL Member

@pietimer

I'm in a similar situation, Jim. I have nothing planned for November so I am trying to squeeze something in for the weekend of the 24th. Would anybody be interested in a key-swap on the SHR? Each party would start on one end, we'd meet in the middle, swap keys, and then meet up after to trade cars back.

Chad Miller

@chadnsc

Nate I am totally adaptable! I don't care how fast or far we go just that we get out and have some fun!

Also I haven't been hiking in a bit due to freelance work so I'm going to be slower and fatter than last time you saw me. ;)

Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

Chad,
    I emailed you about this weekend. Do you have any ideas about what section to do?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools