Topic

Thermojet Alcohol Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JD Schaefer
    BPL Member

@jdrower

Locale: North Carolina

I paid Synergy, Inc. (thru Paypal) for this stove on May 3 and am still waiting for delivery.

Despite writing to them 2-weeks ago asking for delivery status, they haven’t had the courtesy to respond.

It would seem they’re standing by their website statement that it’s BackpackingLight’s fault for not giving them advance notice of a good review and therefore they’ll be backed up as long as they’re backed up.

Any suggestions?

Mark Verber
    BPL Member

@verber

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I ordered a stove Apr 26. It arrived last week. I would guess your stove is a week or two away.

–mark

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Mark, did yours have a scribed line in the burner marking the one ounce line? My stove arrived about 5-6 weeks after payment, but doesn’t have that line. I emailed last week and have no response. I wrote them a letter two days ago.

JD Schaefer
    BPL Member

@jdrower

Locale: North Carolina

The stove arrived yesterday and it didn’t have the 1-oz line. So long as it performs well, I’ll just make my own mark and move on.
    Thanks
    JD

Tim Cheek
    BPL Member

@hikerfan4sure

Received a letter today from Thermojet’s Pitt., PA facility in response to my letter. They say that the stoves are no longer shipped with a scribed line. They suggest filling the burner 2/3 or 3/4 full, snuffing out any flame left after you have cooked whatever you need and reusing any unburned fuel. This can be done by removing the windscreen and placing the cooking pot on top of the burner for 5 or 10 seconds to kill the flame. After it has cooled, pour the unused fuel back in the storage bottle. Alternatively, you can mark the fuel bottle into four equal parts, because it holds four ounces, using the fuel bottle as your guide.
    I use a platypus because I need more than four ounces, so I have marked with the point of an old protracter a line showing the one ounce level. My mark is so slight it may wear off with time, but I imagine I’ll be eye-balling the right amount of fuel after a few days with the stove without much thought.

John Fryling

@striderjohn

JD,
    I see you did receive yours! I missed it when I looked at the forum.

Thanks,
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools