Topic

Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report – Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Windshirts: 2012 State of the Market Report – Part 2: The Present and Future of Windshirts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Trevor Martin
    BPL Member

@trevormar

Locale: Rockies/ Desert Southwest

I'll just go ahead and post another plug for the montbell tachyon. It is so lightweight that I have a hard time coming up with a reason not to include it in my kit and at 2.3 oz it is really in a separate weight class from most of the other jackets that were reviewed here. At first I was really concerned about the durability of the tachyon but it has held up very well. Blocks wind well and seems to breathe fine. Does wet out in the rain after a while but this isn't all that surprising.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools