Topic

Posting Problems

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

In response to the recent thread about posting problems. I suspect that Roger or someone else is trying to fix things. Patience.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Not me!
    But yes, Ben who looks after our SW is working on the problem. The SW is a bit old and difficult to interface with. Some turbulence may be expected … :-)

As to why don't we switch to a newer and better SW package? Doing so would likely lose ALL the Forum history. Every posting.

Cheers

a b

@ice-axe

Sometimes a clean break is exactly what is needed.

History is great as a teacher but the burning point of life, this moment right now, is what is real and most important.

In other words: Go ahead and make the upgrade and we ALL can begin again together.

The words on a server might be lost but the knowledge and experience resides in all of us.

Fix the real problem, the old software, now to insure the future of this wonderful site.
    Lets not let fear of what will be lost blind us to the value of what is yet to come.
    We can ALL (Life, M, and free guests) rebuild the forums together.
    My two cents.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools