Topic

cocoon hoodie alternative

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) cocoon hoodie alternative

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

I have now resigned to the notion that I will not be able to locate a BMW / BPL cocoon hoodie. I would like to find a replacement product that offers the cocoon specs. What are you using for light puffy synth insulation?
    Regards,
    John

Levon Jensen
    BPL Member

@levonjensen

Locale: Canadian Rockies

i really like my mec one, went without the hood and a full zip i wear it everywhere. not sure how much insulation the cocoon had but these are very thin. they make a thicker version as well.
    even have last years on clearance last i looked.

http://www.mec.ca/AST/ShopMEC/MensClothing/InsulatedOuterwear/Synthetic/PRD~5026-943/mec-uplink-2-pullover-mens.jsp

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

The cocoon had 60 or 90 gram insulation,someone please correct my if I am wrong. I like the concept & construction of this jacket (40 gram insulation), but I am between a Lrg & X-Lrg and the size is like 4" different in the chest. I would probably try one if a clearance modle wasavailible in my size.
    Regards,
    John

Brendan West
    BPL Member

@bderw

Locale: Northeast Pennsylvania

John,

I'd go with the bigger one either way. That way, you'd be able to pull it on over whatever you're wearing when you stop hiking for a meal or to set up camp, i.e., not having to take off your shell, out on your insulation, put in your shell.

Thomas Gauperaa
    BPL Member

@gauperaa

Locale: Norway

Rab Xenon?

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

I think I will pass on the red wind boots as an option,LOL!
    I am looking into the RAB jacket. Thank you for the help!
    Regards
    John

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools