Topic

Easy sew All-Ett knock off wallet project.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Easy sew All-Ett knock off wallet project.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Terry Trimble

@socal-nomad

Locale: North San Diego county

My zippered Montbell wallet bit the dust so I have been playing around with my own wallet designs. Some of the designs were hard to make not very functional.
    Then I was cleaning up and found my old All-Ett wallet made out of 0.5oz per yard kite/spinnaker cloth it had holes in it but it was the best wallet I ever owned.

Disclaimer: This wallet design belongs to All-Ett who is cottage industry and is to be used for personal use only like I did. Because I wanted a wallet made out of cordura 500 denier.

So I took the Wallet apart with my seam ripper and found out it's a sewn oragami project made out of one piece of fabric, What a genius design the All-Ett designer/owner came up with.

Template:
    #1 make a template on some poster board or shipping old box that can be repurpose it needs to be 17 3/16 inches long by 12 7/8 inches wide to make the template.

The template looks like a upside down crucifix and the long part is the top of the wallet. the short pat is the main body of the wallet. The two cross pieces are the credit card holders

The width of the wallet 7 1/2" wide for the main body. You measure down 6 3/4" for the top part, Then The cross parts on each side are 2 5/8" out on each side from main body of the wallet and 5 1/4" tall to make the credit card holder part. Then measure down 5" for the bottom/front of the wallet. Now you have your template.

Sewing/Folding:
    {You will need a pant leg or open arm sewing feature on your sewing machine for this wallet project.}

First pick out the fabric you want to make the wallet out of.

#1 on the two cross pieces cut in a 1/4" top and bottom for hem line.

#2 Fold over on each end of the Crucifix pattern and sew a hem on the ends parts of top, bottom and each side.

#3 The small bottom/main body of the Crucifix cloth is fold up and pin in place, Then fold in each side and pin Then sew a tack sew small 1" line in the the middle of each side to the front. Then fold over a hem line under at the bottom of each credit car holder side,Then sew a hem line across the bottom of the wallet for credit card holder part.

# 4 On to the long part of the Crucifix pattern/ That holds your dollar bills. Fold it in half and push in to the wallet main body of the wallet and line up the front hem line and pin to front of body of wallet. You now have two choices of how you make the wallet. If you want large front pocket only sew the back of to the main body and bar tack at each side on the front. Or sew completely around for a closed bill holder only.

I hope my instruction help the best way to start the project is cut out the fabric and fold over and pin till you get the idea of how easy it is to fold and sew the wallet.

It was a fun project for me I am now thinking of making smaller lighter weight wallet made out of a X-pac with only two credit car slots instead of four.
    Have fun,
    Terry
    Photo of wallet and pattern:

wallet

Sean Rhoades

@kingpin

Locale: WV

Very cool!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools