Topic

Tyvek Ground Sheets

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Tyvek Ground Sheets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    Phillip Asby
    BPL Member

@pgasby

Locale: North Carolina

and will buy a 60×96 sheet!

Thanks!

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Thanks for the interest. These should be instock and ready to ship in about two weeks.

I noticed some people were interested in grommets at the corners. Do more people prefer them with or without grommets? I could fold the corner and install a spur type grommet but it would effect the price a bit. Let me know.

Thanks,
    Lawson

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

Prefer w/o grommets.

Ryan

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I wouldn't want grommets because they're a hard edge I don't want in my pack, but I do like loops. Loops are real handy when it's windy. Tyvek loops might make me order one even though I just bought one from Joe.

Kim Pingatore

@tryker13

Locale: Close to the AT in Central VA

I'd be interested in the two smaller sizes w/o grommets

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

w/o please
    Regards,
    John

michael levi

@m-l

Locale: W-Never Eat Soggy (W)affles

Any thoughts on using the 5×10 as a tarp shelter anyone? For about 7 ounces that might not be a bad idea…

I think grommets would be a good idea, in this aspect.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

In a pinch, sure, it'll work.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

In mild weather it would work OK as a tarp. The tear resistance is most likely to be very low for this tyvek, so high winds would be a killer. Folks over on Hammock Forums have made a few and seems like they all ended badly.

Ryan

Paul Brown

@paulbrown137

Locale: norcal

I'll take one of the smallest ones

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

Locale: Southern California

I would like grommets as already stated but tabs or loops would be even better- I just assumed grommets would be faster to install.

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Instead of the 24"x78" and 36"x84", I have decided to do a 30"x84" and I will keep the price at $8.00. This will be a better width for a bivysack and it allows for a cheaper price and less weight at 2.43oz.. I hope everyone that wanted a 36" width is cool by this??

Thanks,
    Lawson

Tad Englund
    BPL Member

@bestbuilder

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The size change works for me-

also- w/o grommets

BTW- I would still be interested in the 36" width so I could sew the corners to make a 3" bathtub floor- that is what I was planning to do with the 36" and was hoping for a little longer then 84" to make the ends work (like +/- 92")

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

30 x 84 works for me– so instead of two 24 x 78 and 1 each of 36 x 84 and 60 x 96, I'd take two of 36 x 84 and 1 of 60 x 96.

Usually weight the corners of my groundsheet with rocks, so grommets not necessary, but they'd be OK, and I'd be OK with a price increase to cover them.

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

Hey Lawson,

What about stocking the adhesive tape you mentioned in previous threads:
    3M 9485
    C3 Sailtape

I know a few people who have good luck doing the bathtub floor mods and one partial bivy style that had the foot area covered for use under a tarp.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

That's like a double sides tape? That would take care of the loops I wanted, so I support this recommendation.

Paul Brown

@paulbrown137

Locale: norcal

I would actually prefer the 30×84 instead of the 24×78. Without grommets or loops

Geoffrey Lehmann
    BPL Member

@yipper

Locale: deep south

I would buy a couple of 36 x 84's, but no 30 x 84's.

geoff

michael levi

@m-l

When are these going to be for sale?

michael levi

@m-l

Are these actual Tyvek brand, or just a copy?

Richard Rini
    BPL Member

@rarini

Locale: Southeast

i am interested the 60/96.

When will you have these for sale?

Alex Eriksson
    Spectator

@aeriksson

Locale: Austin, TX

I don't know much about Tyvek other than the envelopes are a ridiculous pain in the @ss to open, but would it be a cheap and resilient barrier to keep me from poking a hole through my Exped sleeping pads? I only ask because with the $30 Target-special air mattresses I have the single worst luck with popping them in about 3 uses. I've been using my SynMats for a while now but I always worry and hey what's 2oz if I buy one of the UL mats next month?

Anyhow, if it's a worthwhile endeavor you could put me down for two of the smallest size. :)

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

These are going to made from Tyvek brand using the 1025D Hard Structure grade. As far as availability goes, within about a week. I will keep the forum posted.

Thanks,
    Lawson

John Devitt
    BPL Member

@cabana

Locale: Colorado

I would buy a couple of 36 x 84's, but not the 30 x 84's. I have noticed that tyvek shrinks when I wash it, and I have wide shoulders so I like a 24" mat. I also like to put rocks and such under the edges to create at bathtub effect. Maybe an option would be to take pre-orders for the people interested in the 36 x 84's
    Regards,
    John

Joe Guilmette

@loltron

i am definitely in for (quantity) 2 of the of 30"x84"!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools