Topic

New backpack…the Stealth

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals New backpack…the Stealth

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Locale: Borah Gear

After a long time of testing and making prototypes, the backpack we've been waiting to release is finally here. Details are on website, link here http://borahgear.com/stealth

edit 10/31: Currently sold out. There was a lot of orders in these first couple weeks, and I'm in the process of finding/training someone to sew these with me in order to keep up.

Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

Locale: Pacific Northwest

John ,

Like the quality of your bivy so I ordered my wife a stealth pack.

Hoot

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

Looks like a nice happy combination of some good MLD Burn/Prophet and GoLite style packs. Don't need one but I like the 2 side compression straps and the comfy looking shoulder and waist belt. That 140D Dyneema is the bomb (beautiful supple feel and look – a little shinier than the typical dyneema X).

Lawson Kline
    BPL Member

@mountainfitter

Nice Looking Pack at a really nice price : )

Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

Looks very nice. Option for hip belt pockets? If so, what is the cost and weight?

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

Is the front pocket gusseted so that you can get to it when the pack is fully loaded?

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Thank you for the nice comments everyone!

To answer some questions,

edit: picture added
    Steve, here is a picture of the hipbelt pocket. A real simple, spacious design. Costs $5, adds .45oz.
    pocket

Eric, the picture doesn't show it well, but the front pocket does have pleats on the bottom. The mesh is also quite stretchy to allow for more room when it is fully loaded. Its not a huge pocket, but like the description says, it still holds 250cu (measured when packed full).

Let me know if anyone has and more questions, and thank you to the ones that have ordered. There are still two 140D ones left at this price, and one X version. I don't think the price will raise much once these are out, but it will increase by $5-$10, as this price would be hard to keep.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

How stiff are the shoulder straps? If you have a larger 1.8 liter Gatorade bottle, would you check if it'll fit in the side pockets?

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

The straps are padded with 3/8in foam, so they are quite comfy.

As for the Gatorade bottle, what is the diameter of it? When I went to the store this morning I tried looking for a 1.8L one, but had no luck. A Nalgene can fit just fine in the pockets, but I don't know how much wider the Gatorade is.

-John

drowning in spam

@leaftye

spam…marking this thread in case it becomes another invisible thread

John West
    Spectator

@skyzo

Now that this thread has become "invisible", I'm curious as the whether or not posting in it will revive it…testing.
    edit: it brought it back, good idea on marking it Eugene.

Anyways, as far as the pack goes, I ended up making some hip belt pockets for it, and will post some pictures soon.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

It does. That's why I marked it…so I could come back later and uninvisible it.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Bumping again to make this thread visible again after the latest spam attack.

Daniel Paladino
    BPL Member

@dtpaladino

Locale: Northern Rockies

Hi John

I could be interested in a pack, although I'm thinking about holding out til I see the next iteration…

I love my bivy, by the way!

Nicholas Nelson

@nick0n1

Locale: Southwest

Has anyone reviewed this pack? It looks great, and I'm thinking of getting one once they're available again. I just want to make sure that there aren't any large shortcomings.

taras maystruk
    Spectator

@slackpacker

Locale: Piedmont NC

Hey guys I had emailed John in December asking when the pack might be back in stock, I had been holding out for the right pack and this looked like the ticket. Well after our initial correspondence he just sent me another email saying that the stealth is back in stock!

Reggie
    BPL Member

@regarrett

Locale: Staring off into the sunset.

I ordered my Stealth today. Can't wait to get it. Read all the comments I could find and I think this is what I am looking for to meet me really, really light weight trips. I'm not quite SUL…but this seems to fit the bill. Great looking pack.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools