Topic

Fuji X100 for backpacking review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Fuji X100 for backpacking review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO
    Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Nice overview of the X100 Brendan. I can't get the image of that owl's eye out of my mind now, it's excellent.

It has taken me a few months shooting and familiarizing myself with the X100 before it felt like an extension, but the results are well worth it and it has been a great image making tool for me. There's something right about it when held in your hands, it is a camera that I have no issue slinging around my neck for whatever I may come across.

I threw on a thumb rest, which greatly my confidence of the camera in hand while shooting. Add a B+W UV filter and say goodbye to that lens cap.

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

I thought I would share a photo of a Sawyer Beetle I shot with my X100.

beetle

Shooting in aperture priority, on manual focus, using the AFL/AEL in tricky focusing situations seems to be my favorite method of shooting with this camera.

Brendan Swihart
    BPL Member

@brendans

Locale: Fruita CO

Very cool shot. Agreed, the AFL/AEL feature is great. Between the different focusing/exposure modes, viewfinder options, etc, it definitely is adaptable to different shooting personalities and situations.

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

nice work, Brendan! I'm liking your use of soft light.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools