Topic

Backpackinklight is the Dr.Phil of this era

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Backpackinklight is the Dr.Phil of this era

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I really love posting my relationship issues here, I'm really suprised by the decent level of advice I have gotten.
    The question is who owns the socks.
    After a recent out of town ski trip I took pity on my wife and loaned her my only pair of possum down socks to wear around the motel room.
    Fast forward to my fruitless search for this pair of socks in the den of equipment, The Heap, only to discover they are hers, now and forever.
    Like the large primate I closely resemble I grunted towards my socks prepared to wrestle them away. She circled her wagons and issued procalmation #337 informing me that I must be mistaken I "gave" them to her.
    I backed off knowing the extent of her visciousness and revenge. "I must be mistaken" is of course the ol' "you must be crazy ploy" but I do know when to give up and log over to the gear shop and order another pair.
    If any of you own a possum down sweater be warned…. .

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

"I backed off knowing the extent of her visciousness and revenge".

Silly boy, you backed off because you love her! What can be more romantic than giving your favorite pair of socks to your favorite person in the world?

— Dr. Phil —

ROBERT TANGEN
    Spectator

@robertm2s

Locale: Lake Tahoe

“God decided that he would assemble all the people in heaven in a big field. He had all the women stand around the edges of the field, and then He had all the men who were dominated by their wives get in one line and all the men who were truly the heads of their households get in another. The first line stretched back for miles, and there was only one man in the line for true heads of their households. God asked this man how he did it. The man replied, 'I don’t know, my wife told me to stand here.'”

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I dunno 'bout you guys, but I wear the pants in my household. Don't worry, I won't get in trouble. My wife told me I could type this.

Luckily, my wife has no interest in camping, so that gear is at least safe from her. It's items that have cross-over appeal that end up with her stuff. Socks seem to be the biggest migrators but water bottles and jackets also wander off. Not a problem. Just another opportunity to buy more gear.

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I tried editing the header a couple of times and at least on my monitor it shows backpackinklight, the more I look at it the more I think this is one of those simple twists of fate, this place is more fetish then we care to admit … .
    As I move to the back of a very long line as I pretend Benjamin is right, I do these things out of love.

Richard Matthews

@food

Locale: Colorado Rockies

Larry,

It makes shopping for the special days much easier now that you know what she wants.

Jonathan Duckett
    BPL Member

@thunderhead

Locale: Great Smoky Mountains

My girlfriend doesn't hike as much as I do but when I get a new piece of clothing, she always has to have one. I didn't get my Patagonia Jacket back for 3 months until I bought her one. I feel your pain.

David Wills

@willspower3

See if she does the same thing with a silnylon poncho or spandex compression shorts. that would be a keeper

Andrew :-)

@terra

Locale: Sydney, Australia.

So you get to offload a used pair of socks…
    In exchange for this 'gift' you have actually obtained an unspoken open license from your partner to go and buy new gear.

If I could trade off my used underclothes for "permission to buy more gear karma", then i'd do it in a flash.

>:-)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools