Topic

Light weight base layer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light weight base layer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Maxwell
    BPL Member

@davidmaxwell

Locale: eastern, tn

With the cooler weather right around the corner it got me to thinking about base layers. It is getting close to needing to replace mine. So, I was wondering what are the good light weight options for me to look at? I won't be out in below 0* if that makes a difference on any input.

James Reilly
    Spectator

@zippymorocco

Locale: Montana

I was searching out a layering system that would work for me on the Appalachian Trail beginning in March. up to this point I had been doing mostly 100% merino. With the humidity of the South in mind I switched up a little. I am now using the patagonia merino 1 long sleeve 65% merino(4 oz) followed by one of the new (2012) Patagonia Capilene 4 hoody's with the grid fleece inside (9 ounces) It has kept me warm down to 20 in Montana this week and should be more than enough for my Through hikes early days. I also carry a down jacket (8 ounces)

The Rab Meco line is also very nice and I use the 120 weght for my bottoms. They are available at Prolitegear.com.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools