Topic

Superior Hiking Trail Sept 29 – Oct 3

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Superior Hiking Trail Sept 29 – Oct 3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

From Sept 29 to Oct 3 IYours Truly did aprx 42 miles on the Superior Hiking Trail with fellow BPLer Mark RiesMark of Midwest GGGG fame. This was his first backpacking trip here in Minnesota. We hit the fall colors at absolute peakOrang Maple and the temps were in the low 60's during the day down to about 35 at night.And on top of it all Superior was a lady.Early Morning Fog The following link will show you my pictures with descriptions in the info column.
    Wolf Lake

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

Nice photos David.

That's a Granite Gear Virga on Marks back, right? If so it might not be the only one at the Midwest GGGG.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

I enjoyed your Flickr slideshow. It looks like you guys had a great trip and timed the fall colors even better than I did on the NCT. It was also nice to see the similarity between the two trails. I'll have to make it up that way one of these days. I can't get enough of the Lake Superior region.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools