Topic

Buying Gortex fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Buying Gortex fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ian wright

@ianwright

Locale: Photo - Mt Everest - 1980

I contacted Goretex in Australia who informed me that they do not sell their materials off the roll.
    Of course in America you can buy it off the roll. I have come across Rockywoods in Colorado who have what I want (goretex PacLite ripstop).
    Any advice about them or other retailers?
    Also does anyone know the weight of PacLite ripstop either per sq yard or metre or per yard or metre off the roll?
    Many thanks !

Scott White

@sdwhitey

Locale: Smoky Mountains

I recently purchased some goretex from Quest Outfitters:

http://www.questoutfitters.com

The goretex was 2 layer ripstop listed at 4.0-4.9 oz per yard. The price was $9.95 per yard.

They also sell a 2 layer lightweight goretex with a nylon taffeta face fabric. The weight is listed at 3.0 oz per yard and the price is $11.25 per yard. It does NOT specify as to whether the fabric is or is not paclite.

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

Rockywood is the only place I know of where you can get 3 layer XCR.

Rockywood has 2 types of XCR, the normal kind and another with a very very light brushed wicking linning. I would suggest ordering by phone since the website is not completly accurate in that regard or which colors are which type.

Steve Smith

@bardsandwarriors

Locale: Wales

You can also buy it on ebay as outdoor gear, eg. ex-army goretex trousers for £10+ (that's £ UK pounds – I don't know how that converts into Australian $).

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

The only place where I found (and have bought) Paclite is http://www.owareusa.com. Hope it helps

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools