Topic

FBC – Size of Bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition FBC – Size of Bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephen Barber
    BPL Member

@grampa

Locale: SoCal

I've been using quart sized freezer bags for some time now, but I'm getting tired of all the excess bag I have to reach through to get to the food! Does anyone use a pint sized bag? Are there any known problems with using a smaller than quart sized bag?

My meals (for myself) seldom fill even half a quart bag.

Kimberly Wersal
    BPL Member

@kwersal

Locale: Western Colorado

I use the quart sized bags for 2-person meals only. For myself only the pint sized bag is plenty big enough. I'd like to have a pint sized cozy, but use the larger cozy and fold the bottom over.

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

I've had the same problem with quart size bags being too bag. I hadn't even thought about looking for a smaller bag. I haven't tried FBC in a while, but I think when I do, I'll try using a measuring spoon or ladle to get more out of each scoop.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

The pint bags work perfectly for recipes calling for under 1 1/2 cups water. They are not always easy to find, Ziploc makes them. I can source them at Kroger owned stores often and Walmart.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

PS: This was also why we scaled the FBC Cozy back in size – it is smaller than it was in its first years of production.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools