Topic

question about a down bag that has been machine washed (without my consent)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) question about a down bag that has been machine washed (without my consent)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Thanks for the update!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Many years ago a friend asked if her college grad son and his girlfreind could borrow two sleeping bags and mats for a cross country camping trip.

The kids came to my house to pick up the gear and I lent them two inexpensive synthetic tapered bags and two nice CCF pads.

After their trip was over his mother called to say that "You can come over and pick up your gear." To which I replied, "Connie, do you mean to tell me that they are not going to return the gear themselves?" and she said they had already left town.
    I told her that SHE would have to bring the gear to me just out of common courtesy.

When she finally brought the gear back I discovered why the her son didn't return it personally. The pads were both torn and the bags had jammed zippers and were filthy.

NEVER LEND GEAR UNLESS YOU ARE GOING ALONG AS WELL!

STOLEN GEAR (your sleeping bag) AUTOMATICALLY BECOMES THEIR PROPERTY AND THEY MUST REIMBURSE YOU FOR THE COST. PERIOD.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Sounds like it will be OK after all…
    My suggestion to anyone wanting to use a washing machine for the job is to run a hot cycle without any clothes/detergents before doing so.
    That is so some or possibly all of the detergent residue is washed away.

mik matra
    BPL Member

@mikmik

Locale: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

Eric, that's an unfortunate story!

In the end I fixed the problem (thanks to the info from all you guys) and now the person 'may' be buying the bag off me anyway…I'll upgrade if the sale goes ahead. A sale of a WM bag from a person on this forum didn't go through due to PayPal issues but I have my eyes on a Feathered Friends bag that is got better quality fill (covers for colder nights) and weighs less anyway.

Decisions decisions.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools