Topic

Trip Report from Evolution Valley

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Trip Report from Evolution Valley

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA
    Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

You survived. The altitude didn't kill you.

It seems like your navigation wasn't too bad, and it seems like your only concern was that some of the water sources were dried up. That's not too bad.

–B.G.–

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Great job! Meow.

Ken Helwig
    BPL Member

@kennyhel77

Locale: Scotts Valley CA via San Jose, CA

Congrats Chris! Glad you nailed it. Good to see that you hit the notch of Lamarck at the correct spot. Awesome!

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Yes it was an awesome trip. Navigation was much easier than I thought. The use trails were actually pretty well defined in most spots.
    Lamarck Col was certainly a much tougher climb than I expected, but totally worth it.
    The small glacier on the east side of the Col was a little sketchy, since the late season snow had turned into solid slippery ice. But I was fine.

And yes, anyone heading up this way shoud be aware of the water shortage from Lamarck Col to the Lamarck lakes. Lots of dried out ponds and streams.
    It won't kill ya, but in my case it was just a bit uncomfortable.

The Diamox worked great. No altitude sickness whatsoever. I did feel weak for a few days, but that was to be expected.

Oh and one more thing, I used this guy for shuttling me from N. Lake to S. Lake :

http://www.eastsidesierrashuttle.com/

His name is Paul. Reasonable rates, super reliable. (He even showed up early), and is very responsive over email and offered plenty of tips on the area.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools