Topic

Mummy Sleeping Bag 6~10 Degree Goose Down 600 fill – 85% down/15% feathers – $64 shipped

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Mummy Sleeping Bag 6~10 Degree Goose Down 600 fill – 85% down/15% feathers – $64 shipped

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

I was browsing old down sleeping bags trying to find something to make a UQ out of and came across these.
    Does anyone have any experience with these? They seem like a steal for having 12.3oz of 600 fill down in them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mummy-Sleeping-Bag-6-10-Degree-White-Goose-Down-350g-Super-light-Hiking-/120974593464?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c2aa5cdb8

No affiliation here… just want some input.

EDIT: I asked some questions to the seller and this is what they responded with:

"the down of this sleeping bag is sourced from the our biggest Down Base in China—-Baoding.
    there are numerous down production factories.
    The brand of this sleeping bag is Aegismax, it is very wellknown in China.

It is 600 fill with 85% goose down / 15% goose feathers, and it have care lable, but it is in Chinese.
    if you have any Chinese friend, you can ask them."

Nick G

@hermesul

Seems like a pretty good deal for a cheap summer bag.

Be aware that this is 6-10 degrees Celsius, or around 40-50 degrees Fahrenheit. Still, 28 ounces will likely beat the weight of any bag of that price.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

I missed that it was rated in celcius. I'm not sure about this bag. The old saying "You get what you pay for" keeps running through my head. I think I'll wait out for a cheap used bag. :D

Yuri R
    BPL Member

@yazon

Waterproof Polyester means that the shell may be as good as solid sheet of plastic – clammy and not breathable.

I would not buy this bag, unless i've seen enough tests and reports saying it breathes well.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

I would say it'd make a great source for down (ala you looking for source material for an UQ) but doing the math–you can get 12oz of 850fp down from DIY Gear Supply for about $80 and similarly priced high fp down from other sources…

drowning in spam

@leaftye

Locale: SoCal

The down in that bag would cost $5.20 per ounce. ~750 fp goose down from Feathertex costs $2.44 per ounce.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools