Topic

Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Does the noise on Neoair decrease over time?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Gary Yee

@lakemcd

Locale: NW Montana

Does anyone know if the noise decreases over time as the fabric softens up. I tried a Xlite and Treker and was surprised by the difference in noise. I did notice along with everyone else that once a sleeping bag is thrown on it that it made a huge difference.

Dirk Rabdau

@dirk9827

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Yes, it does decrease. I have the first gen NeoAir that I've put 2,900 miles on and it doesn't seem nearly as loud as when I first bought it. But maybe I just am used to the noise. Regardless, I've slept better than without it.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

Not sure, but in actual use the noise is less of an issue than when trying it out indoors on a hard floor without a sleeping bag. I think it may get quieter, but then again it may just be a matter of getting used to it.

I notice it so little that I really don't know if my new Xlite crinkles or not.

David Miles
    Spectator

@davidmiles

Locale: Eastern Sierra

It's a bit noisy, and I have not found it to get any quieter.
    It is fragile, but I love the comfort level and can put up with the noise.

Gary Yee

@lakemcd

Locale: NW Montana

Thank you all for the replies. I think I'll give them a try. Now I just have to decide between the regular and the women's.

MFR
    Spectator

@bigriverangler

Locale: West

Hey Gery, I'm not sure if the noise decreases or not, but it bothers me less and less (honestly, not at all). It hasn't seem to bother my hiking partners either.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools