Topic

Multi use belt

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Multi use belt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Hello BPL members, I'm working on a multi use belt for hiking and wanted to get some feed back, and see if there was any interest for something like this before I try to sell them. Here are just a few uses.

1. Belt
    2. Tourniquet
    3. Emergency tarp tie out
    4. Strap for backpack if one breaks/sturnum strap
    5. Hang your pack in a tree or over an edge
    6. Strap to lash things to outside of your pack
    7. Attach it to a water bottle to retrieve water

I'm sure there are a lot more uses, but now I'll post some pics. Moderators if this is the wrong place to post please let me know. Thanks, Jack

belt

belt

belt

belt

belt

belt

belt

be

The belt is made from light weight 1" webbing with 2, 1 inch "D" rings on one end and a gromet on the other end. I put a gromet in so you can use it to stake out your tarp if a line breaks. The "D" rings are made from plastic, but seem to be holding up very well. I will get a weight on my belt tomorrow. I have a 32" waist and cut mine a little long, always better to be longer than to short.

Please fell free to comment, positive or negative is welcome.

If I start making these to sell, they will most likely be in the $8.00-$10.00 range this includes shipping anywhere in the CONUS

Thanks for looking, Jack

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Should weigh under 2 oz.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Weighed the belt today and it comes in at 1 oz.

. Callahan
    BPL Member

@aeronautical

Locale: London, UK.

Your belt reminds me of the Rigger's Belt I saw a while back, though I don't think they were particularly lightweight.

The uses for your belt are limited only by imagination.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools