Topic

walmart soon to not carry fabric

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear walmart soon to not carry fabric

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mireille Halley
    BPL Member

@tinyscrafts

Locale: So Cal

I scored again at walmart and the saleslady told me they wouldn't have anymore fabric in the urban walmarts for sure and maybe all the rural ones because it doesn't make enough money per square foot. Another family was there saying that they had already contacted corporate etc to complain.

So if you want any 1.00 deals get 'em while it lasts.

Dwight Shackelford

@zydeholic

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I think its sad to see community institutions like WalMart get beat down by outsiders like "Bill & Betty's Fancy Fabric and Notions" and "Stitch Witches", who evidently are only in it for the money.

I think we should have a candlelight march to protest what is happening to America's great hometown stores. Signup for the "Walk for WalMart" event near you.

Sincerely, Sam

Jim Buch

@jim_buch

I have found out from web searches and from talking with WalMart fabric ladies that the vanishing of fabric from WalMart is a story that goes back a good long while.

One of the stores had a lady tell me in December that fabrics would be gone from the store by the first of February, and that was official.

I was just in the same store in March, and the fabric was still there. The lady I talked to this time told me that WalMart wasn't going to discontinue them everywhere.

This lady said that as of today (then, today), she could still order fabrics and supplies.

Remember, this was "officially" to be gone from the store by February.

Rumors fly fast. This is an old well traveled rumor, so it has been known to travel well.

Sure, you could be concerned and worry about losing these nice bargains.

But, if you haven't sent your letter of complaint or protest to WalMart yet, there may or may not still be time to do anything to help yourselves.

I doubt if email will have much of an effect.

When I did my research on this, I found what was supposed to be an official email of explanation of the WalMart thinking process that would lead to the phasing out of the cut fabrics department in SOME retail stores. It also mentioned the combining of the fabrics with certain crafts and party supplies – which has been the practice in two of the three local Super WalMarts here in the Quad Cities area. I have lost my copy, unfortunately.

Time will tell what will happen.

Rumors will persist – that is my prediction.

Eric Parsons

@ericp

Locale: Alaska

not making enough money on fabric.

Hopefully it will give everyone one less reason to go there…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools