Topic

BOREDOM… Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion BOREDOM… Pictures:Gear (14.8 lbs)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Raquel Rascal
    Spectator

@flutingaround

TLG
    BPL Member

@cmich

Clint,

The two jackets are a wind shirt (yellow) and a insulating jacket (blue). The windshirt is a cheap Hind $16 from marshals (4 oz). The other jacket is a REI revelcloud synthetic jacket (13 oz).

I LOVE using the umbrella. I have walked through some pretty tight spots with it. Overhanging brush brushing up against it has not done any damage so far. The umbrella really keeps the sweat down while hiking. Hate the steam bath feeling of hiking in a rain jacket. I should also note that I hike with poles. I dislike hiking with the umbrella in one hand and a pole in the other.

Basically what I do is run the umbrella handle underneath my sternum strap and then tie a bandanna around my head and the upper part of the umbrella pole at the same time. Looks kinda goofy but works wonders. This method keeps the umbrella directly overhead and over pack and still allows me the use of both of my hands for the poles.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools