Topic

Youth-Sized Down puffys at Costco, $30

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Youth-Sized Down puffys at Costco, $30

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

As someone noted in the Gear Forum, Costco has been stocking the "Stuffable Down Jacket" again. It's under a new brand name and stuffed a little less than last year, but is the same product. It's an extremely-lightweight-skinned down jacket with a hood.

Costco Stuffable Down Jacket

The sizing on these was a little weird last year, so it's best to try this on. It's not just that it's Youth-sizing, but that their "medium" (for example) doesn't correlate to any other youth medium. Short, little stubby, miniature adults will probably fit in the Youth XL.

Several of my Scouts use these, and I recommend it, regularly for those who fit in it, as part of a layering system. It is NOT suitable for a daily-wear jacket, as the shell is very thin.

Steven Adeff
    BPL Member

@tincanfury

Locale: Boston

these are slightly different from last years. the manufacturer is a different name, but they are Chinese so that isn't saying much. They no longer have the XL size. they have a proper "girls" version that has a more feminine cut and the hood has some faux fur lining. Otherwise they are basically identical to what they had last year.

Sadly the lack of XL will make most men not fit. The girls L could still fit petite women (one of my housemates bought one). Glad I stocked up on the XL size last year.

Daniel Russell

@superfluous_grizzly

Locale: Creation

I tried one of these in size Large on yesterday. I am 6'2" and 180lbs. Needless to say it was a bit suffocating but I would say it fits close to a Smedium (small/medium). I was able to zip up and put the hood on, just not comfortably. My girlfriend, however, came up on a good deal.

By the way, these are 80% down 20% feathers.

They also had womens 740 fill 90/10 down vests for $30. They looked pretty stylish too… where is the cheap men's stuff? :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools