Topic

North Cascades Area partner wanted

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips North Cascades Area partner wanted

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dan Johnson

@seattle

Locale: PNW

I can't help but think of this as weird classified ad… But here I go.

Looking for a hiking partner for mainly weekend hikes or occassional overnighters. I'm in good shape and in my late 20's. Looking for someone who is chill and can go with the flow and won't try to sell me on their religous or political beliefs (I find those topics can quickly turn a relationship sour). Before Summer is over I'd like to go for a long hike from Stevens Pass to Snoqualmie Pass if possible or something else of equal distance.

chris Mcfarland

@pecos

Locale: baba yaga's porch

hi!
    Im always looking for hiking partners. :) But Im only really available for overnights and long weekends. tho i have been wanting to finish the wonderland. most of the stuff i do is last minute, 3days notice max because of my work and children. Im in seattle-ish area, where are you

Dan Johnson

@seattle

Locale: PNW

I'm up in Bellingham. Recently moved here from Seattle, but born and raised in Bellingham. Trust me I know all about planning around kids/wife/things the wife wants to do… :)

Being on short notice might make it kinda hard to plan anything though… I'm down to give it a shot. Seems the fall weather is fastly approaching so there's a few hikes I'd like to check off the list.

Do you have any hikes/overnighters in particular you have on your radar?

Feel free to email me at [email protected]

chris Mcfarland

@pecos

Locale: baba yaga's porch

Fall is coming fast. I had frost on my tent at 4300ft a week ago.

i would like to get another overnight or long weekend in before fall, but i have been in kind-of a route rut lately. seems i have been going to a lot of the same places lately.

22nd and 23rd id like to do this loop: hw2 to hope lake to trap lake to surprise/glacier lake, then decide if i can climb the ridge to spark-plug lake and over night there (there is an area near glacier lake to overnight if the route is a no go. then, depending on where i stop: from glacier lake to deception lakes to deception creek trail to exit @ hw2, or Spark-plug lake to summit spark-plug mt at 6300ft descending to deception creek trail to exit. nothing looks worse than a class 3 with small class 4 sections for the summit, and everything else is pct pack trail graded. temps in that area are quickly approaching the 20s at elevation

what is your comfort level with a little bush bashing? i feel confident with off trail navigation in this area. what area did you want to get into before fall?

ps: I'm kind of a LNT nut, I've been known to pack out a lot of garbage. :)

John Smith
    BPL Member

@jcar3305

Locale: East of Cascades

Hey guys, I live in Yakima and enjoy some serious romps. I most often solo hike because of lack of available partners. I moved here from Alaska in 2006 so most of my experience is from there. Since in Washington I have hiked sections of the Pacific Crest,and the Olympic Coast. I also have canoed extensively on Ross Lake and done some Alpine ascents and even a few caving trips. I generally need to long term plan out my trips since like you I have family and work commitments as well.

Overall I have about 38 years of extensive outdoor experience and am comfortable with trail to significant bushwacking. At 46 I am in decent shape but I am definitely not as young as I once was.

If you are interested PM me and I will respond.

john the xcar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools