Topic

Vacuum sealer

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    chris bay

@cursnfurs

Was wondering if anyone out there has ever tried using a space saver sealer and using a battery operated inflator instead of the compression bags like those seen on tv. I see wal mart now caries all sorts of vaccuum bags thought these might work to really increase backpack space

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

You think it would but it actually makes things more cumbersome in your pack. especially in a bear canister. if you are only doing 2-4 days I wouldn't worry about it but over 5 you actually might try the fruit/vegetable bags from the grocery store and pack them somewhat loose. that way it will form better and fill empty cracks in the canister. you obviously have to be a little more careful with those bags though.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Here I was, thinking I could contribute something (having vacuum sealed 35 sockeye salmon, a handful of halibut and various smoked fish and mammal jerky this summer). Never mind. I return you now to your regularly scheduled programming.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools