Topic

The 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable The 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to:

The 2012 Alaska Mountain Wilderness Classic

Michael Sirofchuck
    BPL Member

@mr_squishy

Locale: Great Wet North

I had a similar experience to yours in an earlier AMWC using a Mountainsmith pack that was long and narrow and tall – it repeatedly got caught in brush and created problems a lower profile pack would not.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

Tis true; my pack is great for scrambling and wending through krummholz and lodgepole forests. The horizontal alder punished me hard. It would have been better to take my PFD out of the pack and straps it to the outside.

Daniel Paladino
    BPL Member

@dtpaladino

Locale: Northern Rockies

Another intriguing look at one of the toughest adventure races on earth. Always a pleasure to publish material like this Dave! Keep it coming.

Sam Haraldson
    BPL Member

@sharalds

Locale: Gallatin Range

Dave, thoroughly enjoyed the write-up. I've read a fair bit about the Classic in the past and this article paints a worthy picture of this year's event as well as providing a potential view into the future. Thanks as always for sharing.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools