Topic

A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods – Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable A Survey of Water Hazards and Water Treatment Methods – Part 6: Ultra-Violet Light Methods

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Stephanie Jordan
    Spectator

@maia

Locale: Rocky Mountains
    Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

I think I remember reading the user manual that you don't want to treat water that has snow or ice in it, because the UV won't completely penetrate into the snow or ice where there could be organisms.

Then when that snow or ice melts, it will release the organisms, which can survive being frozen in water.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

> you don't want to treat water that has snow or ice in it, because the UV won't
    > completely penetrate
    Absolutely!

A girl on my staff went to Bali with her husband and friends. They all got the usual tummy (and bowel) troubles – except for the girl. Why?
    Well, they were drinking spirits with ice while sitting around the pool – except for the girl, who was expecting. She only drank Coke straight from a can. The ice – the water came from the kitchen tap. She had the last laugh.

Cheers

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

What David wrote.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools