Topic

Snow in Colorado

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Snow in Colorado

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jeff DuBois

@toejam792

Hi I'm visiting my sister in Denver Colorado and am looking to find some snow. I've never seen snow in august and would love to make a snow man. I am up for anything but would prefer a day hike. So if any of you know were I can find some snow this time of year, within 5 hrs of Denver I'm all ears. Thanks.

Randy Nelson
    BPL Member

@rlnunix

Locale: Rockies
    Stuart .
    BPL Member

@lotuseater

Locale: Colorado

It was a very mild winter, so most snow melted a month or more ahead of schedule, and by July 4th there was barely any to be found. I do know there's some still on Andrews Glacier in Rocky Mountain National Park. Don't go expecting pristine white fluffy stuff though. This pic was posted by the staff at Neptune Mountaineering on Facebook last week.

Andrews Glacier Courtesty Neptune Mountaineering Aug 2012

Here's a description of the trail: http://www.summitpost.org/andrews-glacier/159922

Jeff DuBois

@toejam792

Thanks for the replies I think I'm gona camp at gray peak trail head for a couple days then check out st mary's glacier

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools